Reading and Language Arts:
- Decode words phonetically
- Recognize sight words
- Comprehend fiction and non-fiction
- Identify topic and main idea
- Respond to many different literary forms
- Writing a story
- Engage in daily journal writing
- Communicate through thank you notes, friendly letters, invitations, and poems
- Design patterns with concrete objects.
- Know addition and subtraction facts to 20.
- Add and subtract two digit numbers.
- Recognize fractions and standard measurement; inch, foot, yard.
Social Studies Goals:
- Recognize human interactions within families.
- Recognize time/historical connection and how it affects our lives.
- Apply basic map skills.
- Observe, measure, classify and experiment with regard to earth and sky.
- Recognize changes in weather, solids, liquids, gases and human body.
- Observe and describe various forms of energy
- Understand Jewish practices from home to synagogue and community.
- Participate in celebrating practices relating to holidays, The Torah, Shabbat, Havdalah, Mitzvoth, Prayer, Mezzuah.
- Introduction to cities in Israel, charities, and other famous landmarks and institutions.
- Incorporate the five senses through stories, songs, pictures and skits complementing Judaic Studies.
- Learn basic vocabulary re: family members, seasonal words, holidays and celebrations.